Gardening in Wayne County 2018 Workshop Series
We are excited to introduce a new gardening workshop series in 2018 called Gardening in Wayne County. This workshop series is designed to help beginner and advance home gardeners learn the basics of gardening and landscaping. Workshops are presented by Jessica Strickland, Wayne County Extension Horticulture Agent, and consist of presentation, handouts, question & answers and hands-on learning.
You can choose to attend all or a few workshops depending on what topics you are interested in.
Gardening in Wayne County Workshop Series Schedule (all workshops will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.):
- January 9th – Gardening Basics
- February 20th – Pruning in the Garden
- March 13th – Growing Fruits & Pecans
- April 10th – Growing Vegetables & Herbs
- May 15th – Lawn Care Basics
- June 5th – Growing Flowers: Perennials & Annuals
- August 28th – Plant Propagation Basics
- September 11th – Soil Testing to Improve Your Soil
- October 9th – Woody Ornamentals: Trees & Shrubs
- November 8th – Understanding Soil Reports, Fertilizers & Pest Management
- Per Workshop: $5
- For all workshops: $40
- Those who attend entire workshop series will receive a notebook and certificate.
- Reserve your seat in advance by paying registration fee at Wayne County Extension Office
- -or- arrive 30 minutes early to pay at workshop
- Cash or check (payable to County of Wayne) will be accepted
- All fees are non-refundable and checks are subject to a $25 insufficient fund fee
- Contact NC Cooperative Extension-Wayne County Center
- Phone: 919-731-1520